Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chapter 5

Disclaimer: The characters in the following story belong to Charlaine Harris. I’m just having fun!

Authors Note: Mature Content in this chapter. Sorry about the delay getting this chapter out…I’ve been so busy!! Enjoy!!




Chapter 5



The next morning I woke up to the sound of gravel crunching outside. My head was pounding and the last thing I wanted to do was deal with any visitors. I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand. Ugh. It was already past ten. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom to take care of business and freshen up just a bit. I was still wearing the clothes I had on last night. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and immediately regretted doing so. I heard the doorbell chime, ran a comb through my hair and after one last glance in the mirror (this was the best it was going to get) I walked toward the door.
I stood on my tip toes to look thru the peephole. Hey, after what I’ve been thru, it’s a good idea to check who’s on the other side.


“Morning Ma’am, I’ve got a delivery for a Miss Sookie Stackhouse.” The voice on the other side of the door called out.

It was the FED EX guy. I opened the door and signed for the package. I took the box to the kitchen and un tied the yellow ribbon on the box. Inside was the brightest flower arrangement I had ever seen. I read the note attached and for a moment (a very tiny moment) I forgot about my headache.

My lover,
After the night you had, I thought you may want to know that I am thinking of you. I am looking forward to this evening. I will see you at 7.

-E

I couldn’t help but smile just a little. Then the reality of the coming evening hit me. Oh shit. I thought. Tonight was the night I had finally agreed to talk to Eric. I’d been putting it off so long. What was I going to say? He remembered everything we did together. EVERYTHING.

******************************************************

If you ask me, seven o clock came way to fast. I put off getting ready as long as I could. I wasn’t exactly sure how to dress for a talk about “feelings” with a one thousand year old vampire. I finally decided on a soft blue dress. Not too short, not too long. It didn’t show too much boob, which is quite an accomplishment for me. I am well blessed in the cleavage department. Very simple. I added some cute shoes, and some tiny pearl earrings and my outfit was complete. I did a once over in the mirror just before I heard the door bell. My light makeup was still in place, and my hair was falling in loose curls over my shoulders, just the way I liked it. I could feel the knot in my stomach fade away and I knew Eric was here. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

“Hello, my lover.”

“Hey Eric. Come on in. Can I get you a True Blood?” I had to offer even though I knew Eric hated the synthetic blood that kept most vampires alive (well, you know) these days. I couldn’t be a bad hostess if you gave me a million dollars to do it.

“No Thank you. There are more important things we need to get to. May I sit?” He asked gesturing toward the couch. I could have kicked myself for not asking him first.

“Sure.” I said as I lowered myself to sit on the other side of the couch. The way he made me feel sometime, I figured it was best to keep my distance. He was looking at me so intently I thought he may be trying to burn a hole in my dress. I knew he was getting ready to lay it all out on the table and I took a deep breath.

“My lover, I have remembered everything about our time together. Everything I said to you, everything we did together. I must say, in all of my long life, I’ve never felt this strongly about any one.” He said to me, his gaze never leaving my face.

“Eric, it’s just this whole blood bond thing. You don’t have real feelings for me.” It was almost like I was trying to talk him out of feeling anything for me.

He moved over to sit next to me, so swiftly; I didn’t realize it until he was next to me. He placed his hand under my chin and tilted my head upward so I was looking into his eyes. His cool touch made me shiver. For some reason I couldn’t meet his eyes.

“Sookie, look at me.” He pleaded. How can you ignore that? My eyes met his.

“I do not feel this way only because we are bonded. There is something
about you, something that I just can’t ignore. It draws me to you. I ache for you lover.”

His lips were on mine before I even had a chance to say anything. Any thought that I had in my head was immediately gone and I could only think of his cool lips, his hands at the small of my back. I was arching my body toward him without even realizing it. I want to be closer to him. The kiss stopped abruptly and I wanted more.

“Tell me that you haven’t missed me. Tell me that you don’t ache for my touch. Tell me that you don’t want to be my lover and I will stop.” Eric said into my ear so softly I could barely hear him.

I couldn’t say anything. I just wanted him to kiss me again. My arms were around his neck, pulling him back to me and our lips met again. We leaned back onto the couch, his body pressed against mine. His lips and hands were everywhere. I felt his fangs graze my neck, I offered my neck to him, but he did not bite. His hands touched my breasts so lightly. I moaned softly into his ear as I nipped at his earlobe. He grunted as I reached my hand between us to unzip his pants. And then he was inside me, thrusting so slowly, bringing me so close to the edge and then back down. I dug my nails into his back and he was thrusting faster and faster. It was like we were both starving for each other, and we couldn’t get enough. I was so close to my release and I offered my neck to him again. This time, he bit, and as he did, we reached the end together.

We lay there on the couch, wrapped up in each other for what seemed like forever. I don’t know what came over me. In the moments before, I needed him so badly, wanted him so badly, there hadn’t been time to even remove our clothes. I hadn’t realized just how much I had missed being his lover until now. We lay facing each other now and he was lightly running his fingers through my hair.

“I have missed you my lover.” He said as he kissed my eyelids. And for a few perfect moments all was right with the world.

2 comments:

  1. Wowie, smoking hot scene! You got Eric perfectly! I bet this peace won't last, it never does for poor Sookie. But at least you gave her one good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing. When do we get another one?

    ReplyDelete